Install a Walk-in Tub in San Jose, CA
Interested in a Walk-in Tub? Look to Just-Bath
Walk-in tubs with showers are becoming more and more common in homes across California. While many people believe this is a luxury that is out of their reach, that is often not the case. At Just-Bath, we strive to provide our clients with top-notch walk-in baths that put safety first. Our team offers a wide range of services, including bathtub installation and full remodels. Whether you’re browsing America Standard walk-in tubs or don’t know where to start, we’re here for you. We work with clients in San Jose, CA, as well as Campbell, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, and Cupertino.
What Is a Walk-in Tub?
A walk-in tub is a specially-designed bathtub for those who need additional safety measures. These tubs are equipped with an easy-to-open door, so you can conveniently step into the bath and fill it with water. Walk-in tubs also feature a seat that allows you to sit down while bathing rather than stand or lie down in an uncomfortable position. If a walk-in tub sounds like the perfect bathroom addition for you, Just-Bath can help with installation. While every project is unique, our installation process goes something like this:
- Take measurements of the space
- Evaluate existing plumbing
- Install ledger board and shoe fitting
- Mix and spread mortar on the subfloor
- Place, level, and secure the walk-in tub
- Install drain and faucets
Safety Features of Walk-in Tubs
Special needs bathrooms are among our many specialties at Just-Bath. As a leader in this type of bathroom design, we’re well-versed in the numerous safety features associated with walk-in tubs. Whether you’re interested in a Safe Step® walk-in tub or you’d prefer a jacuzzi walk-in tub, our team can give you a rundown of the many safety precautions each of these options provide. Here’s a brief overview of some of the safety features you can expect:
- Small Step to Entry: Traditional bathtubs are inaccessible for many people because of the large ledge they need to step over. Walk-in tubs, on the other hand, boast a much lower threshold to step over.
- Anti-Slip: Everyone is at risk of slipping in the bathtub, but those risks are even greater for those with mobility issues. Walk-in tubs often feature an anti-slip floor and seat.
- Grab Bars: If you need help standing or sitting, choose a walk-in tub with safety grab bars to help you get up. You can find grab bars that cater to both left and right-handed individuals.
- ADA Compliance: Walk-in tubs are an excellent way to keep your home compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Be sure to ask our team about other ways to adapt your bathroom for those with special needs.
How Much Do Walk-in Tubs Cost?
The price of a walk-in tub can vary greatly depending on what you expect from it. Of course, a basic model will be much more affordable than a tub with lots of luxury features. But in general, most of our clients can expect to pay anywhere from $2,000 to $7,000. The team at Just-Bath is very conscious of your budget, so let us know your needs. Our knowledgeable staff can help you keep the bathroom remodel costs low.
Things to Consider Before Walk-in Tub Installation
Once you’ve decided on a walk-in tub, you’ll have plenty to think about concerning size, location, and safety features. At Just-Bath, we understand all these considerations can be overwhelming. Our experienced team is here to help you streamline the design and installation processes. Here’s our advice on what to consider before and during the installation:
- Warranty: Consider choosing a tub with a lifetime warranty. You never know when something may go wrong, and a lifetime warranty gives you the benefit of continuous customer service.
- Walk-in Tub Reviews: Scour the internet for reviews on popular types of walk-in tubs. You may also want to ask friends and family if they have any experience with bathroom remodeling.
- Size: Before beginning any installation work, make sure you have accurate measurements. You’ll need to know the size of your bathroom, where you’ll place the tub, and its height and width.
- Additional Tech: Walk-in tubs are more advanced than ever. Don’t forget to consider what kinds of upgrades you’d like to equip your tub with. Some features to look into include quick-drain and fill technology, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, simple touch controls, premium materials for faucets and fixtures, and self-cleaning systems.
Learn More About Walk-in Tubs Today
The team at Just-Bath is happy to answer all your questions about walk-in tubs and how you can better accommodate special needs individuals in your home. We’re here to help every step of the way, whether you’re simply considering a change or you’re ready to start the installation process. Let us know if you have any concerns about size, design, or budget. Our team is known throughout San Jose, CA for friendly service and top-quality results. Contact us today.
Why Choose Us?
- All Contracting Work is Guaranteed!
- Serving the South Bay for over 33 Years!
- Most Projects Completed in 3 to 5 days
- Fully Licensed, Bonded and Insured
- Eco-Friendly Designs
- Bathroom Remodels for Mobile Homes
- Discounts for Seniors and Veterans
- Special Needs & Handicap Design Specialist
- Financing Available! (secured & unsecured loans from Home Loan Investment Bank)